Work in the Electricity supply industry with Interlink
Complete your Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control (UET20319) with Interlink to work safely in vegetation management in the electricity supply industry.
Vegetation management it an important part of maintaining a reliable and safe power supply for the community. It’s also plays a vital role in preventing utility ignited fires.
The Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control covers preparing for and carrying out vegetation management at and above ground level near live electrical apparatus. It includes workplace health and safety protocols, equipment use and maintenance across specialist elective streams.
What will I study in the Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control?
To meet the requirements for the Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control (UET20319) you must demonstrate your competency in all core units, as well as achieving 120 elective unit points within our four specialty streams; Climber, Assessor, Elevated work platform and Chipper.
- Apply Occupational Health Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace (UEENEEE101)
- Comply with sustainability, environmental and incidental response policies and procedures (UETTDREL13)
- Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker (UETTDREL14)
- Operate and maintain chainsaws (AHCAMOM213)
- Plan the removal of vegetation up to vegetation exclusion zone near live electrical apparatus (UETTDRVC23)
- Monitor safety compliance of vegetation control work in an ESI environment (UETTDRVC27)
Elective units (complete 120 points)
Complete a maximum of 70 points from Group A:
- Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) (TLILIC2005A) 40 points
- Operate machinery and equipment (AHCMOM304) 40 points
- Fell Small Trees (AHCPRM202) 30 points
- Apply chemicals under supervision (AHCCHM201) 30 points
- Use standard climbing techniques to access trees (AHCARB312) 20 points
- Recognise Plants (AHCPCM201) 40 points
- Operate a mobile chipper/mulcher (FPIHAR2206B) 20 points
Complete a maximum of 120 points from Group B:
- Use climbing techniques to cut vegetation above ground near live electrical apparatus (UETTDRVC21) 30 points
- Assess vegetation and recommend control measures in an ESI environment (UETTDRVC24) 80 points
- Use elevated platform to cut vegetation above ground level near live electrical apparatus (UETTDRVC25) 30 points
- Cut vegetation at ground level near live electrical apparatus (UETTDRVC26) 60 points
- Operate specialist equipment at ground level near live electrical apparatus (UETTDRVC31) 60 points
- Use specialised plant to cut vegetation above ground level near live electrical apparatus (UETTDRVC32) 30 points
- Apply pruning techniques to vegetation control near live electrical apparatus (UETTDRVC33) 50 points
- Undertake release and rescue from a tree near live electrical apparatus (UETTDRVC34) 20 points
What do I get for completing the Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control?
Completing Interlink’s course meets the national requirements for the Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control (UET20319).
You will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment when you successfully complete this course as well as an official qualification.
What can I expect in the Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control?
Interlink’s Certificate II in ESI course is held in our fully equipped training rooms and in outdoor environments to give you a balance between the theory and the practice needed to work in vegetation management near live electrical apparatus. Some training and assessments can be completed on the job.
The course contains a combination of written and practical assessments conducted within realistic, workplace settings and held over the duration of the course.
All Interlink trainers have industry experience as well relevant qualifications.
Safety is a priority at Interlink so we ask all students to provide the following personal protective equipment:
- Long sleeve Hi-Vis shirt and trousers
- Steel capped boots
- Safety Glasses.
If you have any questions about the protective equipment requirements please call Interlink on 1300 731 669.
This course is available through all Interlink training centres.
Call Interlink on 1300 731 669 to discuss your training options and any special access needs you might have in relation to our training facilities.
The Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control (UET20319) is usually completed within 12 months. The qualification does allow for students to choose elective units that best suit their career path which can alter the course duration.
There are no prerequisites for the Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control (UET20319). It is available through direct entry.
To successfully complete this course participants will need intermediate literacy and numeracy skills.
Call Interlink on 1300 731 669 to discuss your training options.
Please contact Interlink on 1300 731 669 for more information
Please note: Interlink Training is not VET FEE-HELP approved. Government training subsidies are not available for this course.
Face-to-face sessions within small groups.
Complete your Certificate II to work in vegetation management in the electrical supply industry.
Attendance at this course does not automatically guarantee attainment of competency, nor does satisfactory completion of assessment and attainment of competency guarantee employment.