Interlink Training requires experienced Arboriculture/Horticulture contract trainers to join our team of professional and industry experienced trainers to deliver training across Australia.
Interlink’s training centres are located in Loganholme, Queensland (approximately halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast) and Knoxfield, Melbourne, Victoria. We also have training sites, in Western Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales, Queensland & Victoria.
About the Company
Interlink Training is a national recognised training organisation (RTO ID 21055) with offices in Loganholme (Brisbane) and Knoxfield (Melbourne). It was founded in 2001 to meet the needs of the electricity supply industry in South-East Queensland. Over time, our training services and development opportunities have expanded to include training for the Vegetation Management (Arboriculture), Horticulture, NBN, Telecommunication and Electrical Supply industries.
About the Role
The primary purpose of this position is to deliver a broad range of nationally recognised training programs associated with qualifications (Certificate II to Diploma) and individual units of competency currently registered on training.gov.au. In addition, you may be required to deliver industry specific training modules across Australia.
While the positions will work predominately via our Loganholme or Knoxfield training centres, you will be required to conduct training at sites locally, regionally and interstate. Interlink predominately delivers training across Qld, Vic, NSW, WA and Tas. Therefore, we are seeking contract trainer/assessors who reside in any of these States.
These positions will formally report to the Operations Manager and/or Southern Team Leader who are based at our Loganholme (Brisbane) or Knoxfield (Melbourne) training centres.
You will need to be committed and passionate about quality training and assessment services that comply with our company’s policies and procedures, which are aligned with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
You will be a well-presented individual who possesses a flexible and adaptable approach when training and assessing program participants along with a sound level of computer literacy, written and verbal communication, time management and organisation skills.
You will be prepared to travel and train throughout Australia for periods of up to one week, which may include weekend travel.
Minimum Mandatory Requirements
- Hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) qualification or higher.
- Hold a valid driver’s licence.
- Have a Covid vaccination certificate or a formal exemption.
- Arb, Hort or CALM trainers must hold at least a Certificate III in Arboriculture, Horticulture or Conservation & Land Management.
- Ideally have a minimum of five years’ experience as a Trainer and Assessor who can demonstrate prior commitment to maintaining currency of the skills that you teach and assess.
- Have recent and relevant industry experience in the amenity, vegetation management or similar sector.
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of the current VET practices, including:
- Principles of Assessment and Rules of Evidence;
- LNN skill requirements of training and the work environment; &
- Recognition of Prior Learning and Recognition of Current Competency.
If you believe you demonstrate the requirements of the role and would like to review a copy of the position description detailing all other requirements, please email email@example.com and quote reference #2111CT.
Applicants must submit a current resume (updated within the last 12 months)
Successful applicants only will be contacted to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.